Terms and Conditions Relating to the conduct of an event at Elwood Shule
Various premises associated with the Elwood Talmud Torah Congregation (hereinafter referred to as “ETTC”) are available to be reserved for the conduct of a range of events including but without limitation, Jewish Life Cycle Events eg Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Aufruf prior to wedding, wedding, Brit Milah, Baby Naming and many other private functions eg luncheons, dinners, meetings, presentations or talks.
- ETTC policies, terms, conditions and charges relating to events and bookings (as per www.elwoodshule.org) can be changed at any time.
- As per the ETTC price list, various aspects of the ETTC premises can be hired subject to availability.
- The ETTC reserves the right to decline the use of any of the ETTC premises for functions deemed as not being consistent with the aims and philosophy of the ETTC or in contravention of Halacha as determined by the Rabbi of ETTC.
- The fees and charges payable in relation to the conduct of any event at ETTC are set out in the accompanying form titled “Elwood Shule Price List” NOTE: all charges include GST, set-up costs and security.
- Charges relating to any event at the premises of ETTC may change at any time until the payment of the fee in full
- A deposit of 50% of the total charge will be required to be paid within 21 days of the initial reservation.
- In the event that the function is cancelled, 50% of the deposit is refundable up to 90 days prior to function; the deposit is non-refundable within 90 days prior to function.
- A bond of $500 is required to be paid at the time of the deposit and within 21 days of making this reservation. The bond is refundable after verification that the venue is left in the same condition as prior to hire. The bond will be applied if required to restore the venue to the same condition as prior to hire. No nails, staples, paint, screws, tape or glues are to be used. Blutack is permitted. All decorations must be removed completely at the completion of the function (unless prior arrangement made e.g.external hire; bump out)
- The event will be confirmed in writing by email to the address provided by the Hirer after the payment of the deposit and the bond. If you have not received written confirmation of the event within 21 days of such payment then the event is not confirmed. The onus is on the Hirer to contact the office to seek the confirmation.
- The balance of the charges for this booking including any outstanding fees owed to ETTC (including seat, membership and donations) are to be paid 30 days prior to the function. If the ETTC is not in receipt of full payment for all charges and fees the event may be cancelled and the deposit may be forfeited.
- Unless external hire companies and/or equipment are utilised, the ETTC agrees to set up the venue in accordance with your written request. A layout of the venue will be provided. The venue will be set up in a clean and tidy state ready for your use.
- A seating and table plan including the number of guests attending the function must be submitted to ETTC no later than 30 days prior to the function.
- Changes to the venue layout will not be accepted 48hours prior to event.
- Private functions held on a Saturday must be completed two hours before Mincha on Shabbat.
- Food or decorations should not be removed by the hirer, guests or caterer until after Shabbat.
- All functions open to the congregation will be advertised on the noticeboard and announced in Shule.
- Bump in and bump out times must be adhered to, an additional $150 per hour will be charged after these pre-arranged times.
- The caterer of the function must be Kosher and approved by ETTC and only Kosher food is to be brought into ETTC premises.
- The Hirer is responsible for providing any religious materials required when the hall venue is used for Synagogue services.
- All deliveries must be arranged with the office. Office hours are 9-4pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and 9-3pm on Fridays. Closed Wednesdays, Yom Tov and Public Holiday. All deliveries outside these hours may incur an additional charge unless previously arranged prior and confirmed in writing.
- No deliveries can be made to the ETTC on Shabbat.
- The Hirer shall leave the entire kitchen area and any ETTC venue used in a clean and hygienic condition.
- If the kitchen and/or venue is not left in a clean and hygienic condition the Hirer shall pay a charge of such amount as is required to return the kitchen and/or venue to a clean and hygienic condition and the $500 bond will be applied towards this purpose.
- All rubbish accumulated during the hire period must be sorted and placed in the appropriate bins provided. The cleaning of the kitchen is the full responsibility of the Hirer and is not included in the Hire Fee.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure all decorations are taken down and all valuables are taken away before the Bump-out time.
- ETTC will not be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage which may occur to any equipment left on the premises before or after the Hire Period.
- If the Hirer fails to comply they will be liable for any costs involved in cleaning or removal of any waste matter. Additional cleaning charges may also be incurred by the Hirer should this be deemed appropriate by the ETTC. The bond money shall be applied towards the recoupment of such extra charges.
Damages & security:
- The Hirer is liable for any damage to any property belonging to or supplied by ETTC. If all terms and conditions are followed and ETTC are satisfied, the bond is refundable 7 business days following the date of the function.
- No fireworks, sparklers or any such fire related items are permitted to be used anywhere on ETTC premises.
- No confetti, rice, flower petals, glitter or similar materials are permitted in any carpeted areas.
- The terms of ETTC’s permits require that functions be completed by 11.30pm. Failure to comply will incur an additional $150 charge per hour or part thereof in addition to the payment of any fine that may be levied by the authorities.
- Security will be provided for all functions until completion of the event.
- Caretakers will commence cleaning at the agreed end time of your event. Please ensure that all ETTC premises are vacated within 30 minutes of the agreed completion time of your event.